Simply throw your ingredients into the blender, wiz away and then roll into balls. Here are three recipes for you to enjoy these holidays as a healthy and delicious treat.
Recipe 1: Chocolate (Cacao) and Cashew Bliss BallsIngredients:
- 1 cup of cashews blended until smooth (or you can cheat and buy cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 8 dates (pitted and soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut for coating
Method: Place all the ingredients except for the coconut in a mixer and wiz until smooth. With your hands roll the mixture into small balls. Then pour the desiccated coconut onto a chopping board and roll the balls in it to top. Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate until hard.
Recipe 2: Sesame Bliss BallsI borrowed this recipe from Deepak Chopra’s newsletter. Deepak explains that the sesame bliss balls promote a healthy digestion and purify the body and mind.
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup golden raisins or regular raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger powder
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons ground cardamon
- 2½ tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
Method: Place all the ingredients except for the sesame seeds in a mixer and wiz until smooth. With your hands roll the mixture into small balls. Then pour the toasted sesame seeds on a chopping board and roll the balls in it to top. Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate until hard.
Recipe 3: Tahini Bliss BallsThese are one of my favorites bliss balls with a rougher surface.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 – 4 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
My Secret To Yummy Bliss Balls
Organic is best with pesticide free being second best. The taste is better and the nutritional value higher.